Getting tanned is now slowly emerging as a trend! And this is not just being followed by youngsters, but middle-aged people too are definitely enjoying it too. With the ever increasing rise in the popularity of tanning, more and more people are now seen flocking to salons to either build a tan or just to maintain a healthy tan.
However, not all of us are comfortable in using these tanning booths. While some of us find the effects of ultraviolet light to be leery, there are others who simply cannot afford to frequently visit these salons. So the best alternative that we have for them is – indoor tanning!
Indoor tanning, also known as sunless tanning, is the most affordable way to develop a tan, and you too can sport a tanned look, only from a bottle. The products that help you do this are available in various forms, in gels, creams and also spray-ons. Though all of them serve the same purpose, they still have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Using spray tan is the most preferred form of tanning if you choose to do it indoors, while also at the tanning salons. This is largely because of the large number of benefits associated with them. Mentioned below are some very helpful spray tan tips that will make the whole procedure go smoothly.
Spray tan tips – follow these for a great tan!
- Exfoliation – Even going to the best tanning salon in the world will do you no good if the tan gets attached to dead skin cells that are about to peel. Make use of a loofah sponge the night prior to your tanning session. This will help you in the removal of these dead cells.
- Moisture – Moisture is extremely important for your skin. Make sure you apply a good moisturizer a few hours before the tanning. This will enable your skin to accept the tanner readily.
- Make use of gloves – This is of extreme importance when you are willing to do the tanning yourself. Ensure that you use gloves for the process. Latex gloves are recommended for the prevention of stains.
- Stand very still – If you’re going to a booth for your self-tanning application, remember to stand very still after the tanning for nearly 30 seconds. This will ensure that the tan dries evenly, although it will take a lot longer for the tan to get completely dry.
- Blot your skin – Once the spray tan has been applied, it is important that you blot your body with a towel. This will help you catch any unexpected drips.
Regardless of what method you choose to build a tan, following these tips will help you get and also maintain a healthy tan, and for a relatively longer period. So go on, and get a refreshing tanned look!