Some experts believe that acne or pimples are hereditary. Others blame the hormones of puberty. During puberty, hormonal changes enlarge the oil glands and encourage them to produce more oil. This oil will generate more epithelial cells, which cling to each other, then block the pores. In adults it may be a result of thick, oily makeup that is used blocks the pores. Premenstrual syndrome and stress also change the level of hormones which leads to similar problems. Some medicines can also cause acne as a side effect.
In the attempt to find affordable, safe solutions for acne and prevent acne scars, people have used some home ingredients such as toothpaste, vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, and many others. Some claim that these and other home remedies work for them.
Here are some well known home remedies for acne pimples:
- Drink wheat grass juice to reduce acne.
- Lemon juice or grapefruit juice diluted in water may be applied externally because of its antiseptic property.
- Tea Tree Oil can be applied directly to infected pores or used as soap.
- Rub fresh garlic around the pimples. With habitual use, blemishes will disappear.
- Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
- Use a ripe cucumber or tomato on the pimples and then leave on up to one hour, after that wash off.
- Use grated potato to treat wrinkles, skin blemishes, pimples, and blackheads.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. However this remedy is not advisable for those with sensitive skin.
- Mix sandalwood into rose water. Then apply to the affected part. Wash it after 20 to 30 minutes with warm water.
- Apply papaya juice including the seeds onto the affected areas.
- Use lime juice and one glass of simmered milk as face wash for blackheads and pimples.
- Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon fresh lime juice to put off the development of acne and blackheads.
- Combine turmeric powder with neem leaves. Apply to the affected area. Wash it off after 20 to 30 minutes with warm water. It is an excellent remedy for acne.
- Mix the honey and cinnamon. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it the next morning with warm water. Repeat in two weeks, pimples will disappear.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal installments. Spread onto the affected area. Wash off after 20 to 30 minutes with warm water.
Home remedies for acne can be very effective. They should be considered prior to the use of harsh chemicals or prescription medications.